Pages

Monday, December 6, 2010

Hitting the Bottle

A baby should be born with a bottle attached to its hand; It's only a matter of time before it starts using it. My baby started hitting the bottle at one month old.

Prior to Critter's birth I dropped some serious coin on four Dr. Brown's Standard Neck 4 oz bottles after reading many great reviews for them in helping reduce Colic, Spit-up, Burping & Gas.

I just want to say B-U-L-L-$-H-I-T!!!! to the claims. And they were a pain to clean (too many parts).

Critter wasn't a colicky baby (Thank you little one) but he had gas. Some times it was so bad, we'd spend 45 minutes trying to burp him. And he often spit up during and after every feeding. While many have told me that his spit up isn't as bad as it could be, it was still frustrating. I have been spat on at all hours of the day. Every article of clothing I own has been hit by spit. We'd be doing the marathon of burp and we'd hear SPALT as spit hit our wood floor.

I didn't think Dr. Brown's was a miracle bottle; far from it; and after a month of using them I hit the internet AGAIN, researching bottles that would help minimize spit up. I also wanted a bottle/nipple that was closest to breast feeding. After reading some great reviews, I bought Playtex Ventaire. I played it safe and only bought one. Used it for a week and saw some improvement in spit (or lack of). So I bought a 3-pack of 9 oz. bottles.
Side-note: IMO, buying 4oz. bottles is a total waste as baby's will want to drink  more in a month or so.

Critter happily drinks 7 oz out of his crooked necked bottle.
Spit up is getting less and less to almost non existent.
And burping him is a breeze now.
But I'm sure it's also due to his getting bigger.
Now if only they can bottle baby cuteness and sell that and sell it as a keepsake.



And I can't believe I just linked the Jonas Brothers! AND such a stupid song/video to boot!! But I couldn't think of any other songs with Baby Bottle in Lyrics. So if you have any recommendations, please help, so I can replace this ridiculous song/video..

6 comments:

  1. I guess I could have linked to 'Message in a Bottle - Police', but that's an equally annoying song.
    hhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Genie in a Bottle?

    ReplyDelete
  3. And Eminem has a song with bottle in the title. I forget the name. It's not appropriate for a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 99 bottles of milk on the wall. 99 bottles of milk. Take one....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Critter's spit goes 'SPALT'? That's an odd sound ;-)

    You ususlly link to a video when you make your posts. How about some home made clips of your son? You can call it 'CritterVid' or 'Crittercam' or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I "ususlly" don't link to videos. That would be odd ;-)

    I do have home made videos of Critter. There's one up today (12.08.10).

    ReplyDelete