Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Critter isn't a Lowlife

3 WEEKS TO GO!

Doc walked into the exam room today and Hubby and I bombarded him with questions.
Q: "If it's a boy who does the circumcision?"
A: He does.
Q: "One of the nurses said I have to take a Tuberculosis test. Why?"
A: No, I don't. And he's not sure why they would say that.
Q: "Are you scissor happy? Or will you let me labor thru this?" (Meaning will he be quick to perform an Episiotomy - which I don't want)
A: No. Unless there's a health risk to the baby. He believes in as natural a birth as possible.
Q: "Will you be opposed to me squatting during labor?"
A: I can do whatever I need to deliver this child. The bed reclines fully upright.

YEAH! YEAH!! AND ANOTHER YEAH!!!

He examined my innards.
"Is the baby breech?" He sounded alarmed. "Let's check it out."

He rubbed the jelly on my belly and put the wand to the mound and critter was on the screen.
"Okay, there's the head. In the right position. The baby hasn't dropped* yet."
"Is that bad?" I asked
"No. Just means you won't deliver anytime soon."

* During the final weeks of pregnancy, the baby drops in the belly to get ready to come out into the world. Well, mine has decided it's very comfy up in there and doesn't want to be a lowlife.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my God, I can't believe you are getting so close! Can't to find out if the critter is a boy or girl, or more importantly, its name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It'll go by so fast now. Have you packed your bag for the hospital? do it now just in case the baby decides it wants to arrive early. Make sure you have everything you think you'll need.
    Toiletries, clothes for you and the baby, slippers. And don't forget some makeup so you look good if people come to visit you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh, living the highlife. I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's going to happen soon. Sooner than you think. Try to rest as much as possible these last couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete