Pages

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Forty Days Later

Ever since Hubby and I got married over 10 years ago my mother has been pestering us to have a baby.
"Have some kids, it's good for your future."
"Why can't you get pregnant? Go to my doctor, maybe he can help you."
"Are you doing something not to get pregnant?"
"I'm knitting baby booties, so you better get pregnant soon."
She has said over the years to me or hubby.

When my mother found out I was pregnant, she cried, screamed, praised God and then told me not to have 'relations' (trying to keep it PG) with hubby, it may hurt the baby.

One Sunday we were at Mom's and Hubby was in the kitchen helping her.

She told him. "Forty days after this baby comes, you try to have another one".

7 comments:

  1. Ha! I can totally see your Mama and Hamood having this conversation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl. Have a dozen babies one after the other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Listen to your mother and breed. Kids are a joy and you'll love being a parent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah Amelia, it's pretty shameless of my mother. No doubt she's pushy about us having kids and more kids.
    Now that I 'finally' got pregnant in her eyes I'm a breeding machine. More babies can be made.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mommy Diarist's Mommy is demanding. I guess she's not going to give you any rest until you have any army of critters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep cranking out copious quantities of kids to keep the critter company.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No pressure or anything...

    - Olivia's Servant

    ReplyDelete